Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Log Blog

Anyone that knows Steve Decker would know about Bad Idea Friday... After almost two years of training together on Friday mornings we have an ongoing challenge if you will, crazy weights, PRs, timed pull-ups tests and bad ideas including the most famous BPF's. My sessions have seem to become almost physically impossible and mentally they seem to invigorate more the ever. As Oct/Nov/Dec pasted I hit a mental road block which halted my weight loss at the same time Steve stated he was not going to go upcoming show he had talked about all year ....BAD IDEA FRIDAY at its best - Steve agreed to train for the show IF I will food log for the entire time NO CHEATING, NO DRINKING, AND FOOD LOG TURNED IN EVERY FRIDAY for sixteen weeks.

12/21/2011 I dig out my food scale, measuring cups, journal, pen Steve reviews my numbers, I purchase large amounts of chicken and so it starts....WAIT, STOP! I have things planned over the next sixteen weeks: Christmas (with my family), New Years Eve, Claire's Birthday, A nine day trip including a seven day cruise (with my family) Easter, friends birthdays, Easter (I have so many...oh lets call them what they are EXCUSES) Can I mentally handle this commitment ???

Steve says 'Food Log Friday No Excuses !!"

Alright fine why not nothing else is working.......

Week One: Measure, log, eat, log , eat, swear at Steve, log, eat eat swear some more .....Step on Scale - Down 2 pounds

Week Two: Repeat but with more swearing, because guess what? I tend to under eat so now eat eat eat eat log log log .....Step on Scale Down 1 pound

Week Three: OK its not so bad but damn I struggle with this concept of eat more food lose more weight eat, log, eat, log.....Step on Scale Down 2 more pounds

Week Four: eat eat eat log log log (this is great one night I got to eat a whole sweet potato and a scoop of Peanut Butter) Step on Scale Hit 75 pounds total loss

Week Five: eat more eat more eat more eat more (still so weird eat what they say weight come off but I'am eating 6-7 times a day ?) Step on Scale 1 more pound

Week Six: more tweaking to hitting numbers it is getting easier every week log log log log log...............Step on Scale 1 pound

First six weeks, down 8 pounds. I have a secret....shhhh don't tell our trainers "OUR TRAINERS KNOW THEIR SHIT....LOG YOUR FOOD....TURN IT IN....GET RESULTS." Measure, Eat, write, use a journal, use an app turn it in, listen to them! It is what we pay them for. It is not hard and I know first hand that your trainer will help you with this, but remember be honest with them and listen to the feedback.

My love/hate relationship will continue and as I write this my biggest challenge awaits we I leave for a nine day trip away from my comfort zone, but as the weeks have gone on and the weight has come off I will admit that once again my trainers were right Logging Works !!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment