Thursday, September 8, 2016

Your Best You

When I was 21 I was sure I had failed at life. 

After all, Steve Jobs had created Apple by the time he was 21. As for me, I had just gotten fired from a management job due to budget cuts.

Of course any 21 year old would feel like the world was closing in on them.

If I was going to do something great, I would have already started by now.

Every day I used that belief to whip my mind like a slave, never completely finding peace that year. It even prevented me from starting new things. 

Then I realized something incredibly comforting. 

Harrison Ford wasn't an actor until he was 30. Jesus wasn't even the messiah until he was 33.

From my vantage point now, I realize that my 21 year old self would not have been able to handle the pressure of my dreams.

Now, a little older than I was then, and small bit wiser, I realize.

 I needed every lesson, every failure, every sickness, every injury, to help build me into the person that I am today.

So you, right now, reading this have exactly that same opportunity to open your eyes and realize this. 

You are the best version of yourself right now. Maybe you have some work to do, but don't we all? maybe you aren’t in the best shape of your life, but are we ever? 

but you have the most experience,m right now at this point in your life. and it's that experience that is invaluable. It is precisely what will guide you to your own win. Whatever that win may be. 

In 1999, Pete Carroll had just been fired after two seasons with the Patriots.

At the age of 47, He had reached the pinnacle of his profession and failed. 

Fast forward 14 years to 2013, and as head coach of the Seattle Seahawks, Pete Carroll and his team had been honored as the national champions of the NFL. At age 61. 

It doesn’t matter what has come before right now. Right now you have an opportunity to choose what you want to do. Maybe it is a small choice at first – like a concert you've wanted to see, a book you have been meaning to read, or an extra spin class a week.

How does this apply to fitness? Well, honestly, it might not. But i left it open for interpretation for that reason. Whether it be your dream body or one million dollar bank account, Whatever you desire in life, go out and get it, As long as death has not touched you, and I assume it hasn't, because you're reading this ( if you're dead and reading this, call me ) you still have time. Go for your win. 


It is never too late.


Patrick Ciera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment