Sunday, July 15, 2012

Weak Point Training - Part 1 of 2

When approaching your fitness routine and deciding what exercises you are going to incorporate into your program, you must ask yourself the tough questions.  What are the best and most effective exercises to reach my goal?  Am I doing them?  Do I find myself doing the exercises that I feel I’m good at and enjoy, rather than what is necessary to work on my weak points and achieve my fitness goals the fastest? As a trainer I all too often find myself asking this last question when designing other peoples programs, but I don’t always like the answer when it comes my own programming.  This is why it is so important to review your exercise and nutrition choices often with an objective mind.  Sometimes the most effective ways of training aren’t always our favorite.  Working on our weaknesses doesn’t always give us a boost of confidence like performing the exercises we are good at.  It’s not always easy eating and exercising like this, but in the long run you will be a better and fitter person. 

more to come...

-Nick Johnson, T-Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment