Thursday, November 10, 2016

Be Thankful



Seems oddly perfect time for this thought process to be shining. October brought about quite a bit of self induced stress and responsibility. I did well to manage it on my own but never stopped to realize who I was dragging behind me with the busyness and  chaos. 

After a bit of the dust settled mid October I was able to clearly tell who was really there for me even when I thought everyone was against me. This is typical of myself because when things are stressful I tend to blame the world. Rather than realize or admit that I selfishly took on "too much" at one time. 

I am of the belief that no one person has it better or worse. Not one persons problems or issues can be bigger or smaller than your own. Each of us has our own challenges and how we ourselves perceive them are all that truly matters. I dislike when people have something in life they want to complain about but minimize it thinking no one will care or others have "bigger" problems. Not that I condone constant complaining but in my mind as long as you're doing something to help yourself and ultimately make the situation better it's safe. 

My point here is even when you have things going on there are always other people who may be affected by your choices. Those who stick by you in the end choose to stand by your side and chose to give up what they will to be there in the end. These are people who deserve thanks. 

For me it became humbly apparent at my national meet.  I choose to go to nationals. I choose to dedicate the time I did. I choose to give up much of my summer to cutting an entire class. I choose to give up opportunities to do certain things to avoid risk of injury leading in to the meets. 

But there were other people who had to endure the same sacrifice solely out of love and care for me and support of my decision. They gave up their weekend to be there in full support of me, flying to Atlanta. People all sacrificed throughout the summer of me cutting not being able to do this or that because food was involved or risk of injury. Without a peep of complaint. I realized after my last pull when everyone around went absolutely crazy that I choose that all for myself and everyone else there choose it for me, selflessly lifting me up and supporting me for months on end for that one simple short moment. 

These are the moments we need to be thankful for. Step back and notice. Maybe it's just me it took that much for me to notice how incredible people in my life are. I thought long and hard after, thinking how sad it was that I doubted that I had all of that support. Hind sight is 20/20 and I'm simply throwing this out there for all of you to see prior. Be thankful now and always but especially now before you get too busy with holidays to even notice how incredible and helpful and supportive the people in your life are! 

Lauren Ciurczynski 

No comments:

Post a Comment